24 July 2017

Palawan📍Amazing Subterranean River Park in Puerto Princesa


“Take nothing but pictures, Leave nothing but footprints, Kill nothing but time, Keep Nothing but memories”

Yes indeed, I’m a solo adventurista this time but I fully enjoyed every moment being one, just to see the Underground River!!!




Quick Facts:

Amazing Subterranean River Park of Puerto Princesa is known as the famous Underground River. It was officially approved last January of 2012 as one of the 7 Wonders of the Nature by UNESCO.  The cave is 24 kilometers stretch with 4.3 kilometers only passable by the boat.


The Experience:

After the 6 hour travel from El Nido to Puerto Princesa, I took a van going to Danao Port. The said port is the starting point or the entry point going to the cave.



I booked a package tour for this venture. For me it is less hassles to full in line to get a pass or ticket for the underground river tour. The tour package I had was 1,500 pesos; inclusions are fare from El Nido, tour guide, lunch and all-in payments for the tour including tickets and environmental fee.



Waiting was worth it after minutes of waiting for the ticket because after that, the tour guide gave me the life vest. That’s the sign that I should be ready because the real tour is getting started.  Underground River, here I come!!!


I’m happy as we got nearer into the cave. It’s my first time to experience this kind of adventure plus doing this for the first time alone without a friend who’s up with me this time.


There are really many different stalagmites and stalactites formations inside.  The cave was divided into different parts. There is what they called “The Market” where different market stuff you could find. Not literally the real vegetables and fruits but the formations which really similar. Examples are the cacao, mushrooms, corn and eggplant shapes.

There is also a portion of the cave that’s been called as the “Church”. Figures of   Mama Mary and St. Joseph are figured out inside and a melted candle as well. There is also “The Family” formation inside wherein the formation composed of a father, mother and children.


A big hallow area is also one of the portions that could be found  inside the cave and it is the big space of the cave with a highest ceiling around 20 meters high from the water level. That portion amazes me the most, because I couldn’t imagine there is really a widest space liked stadium inside the cave. I felt like I was in a big church with high ceilings decorated with artistic paintings with sculptures around.


I wasn’t able to capture all those beautiful formations in the cave because I want to concentrate on the beauty inside. I want to full my eyes and mind with new pictures that are fantastically formed through the ages.

“Think Green. Live Green.”

Puerto Princesa’s Subterranean River is an example of nature’s best living. Mother Earth offers us things like this so we should be thankful about it and not just explore it but we must take care of them in return.

💕💗💕

I love to hear from you, kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below ^.^


15 comments:

  1. Oh another Palawan exploration, I'd love to be here too.

    https://juliardssharing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks stunning! I also love the quote at the beginning. I'd love to see this one day!

    🍉 Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, just WOW! This looks unbelievable, what an amazing thing to witness xx

    http://www.thatnewdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful place to visit!
    gros bisous

    http://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Have a lovely day!

    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks stunning! Great that preserving it! It’s so important to protect what’s left of natural earth. It must have been such an amazing experience!

    TFM Life & Style blog

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS :)